Updated 30th Nov, 2021
Hara Medical Clinic and Medical Salon Two Blue Line (hereinafter referred to as "the clinic") will handle personal information related to the medical treatment of patients in an appropriate manner for the purpose of protecting the rights and interests of patients and respecting their private lives.
The clinic will acquire and use personal information of patients in an appropriate manner and only to the extent necessary for medical treatment and clinic management and operation, as described below.
In addition, we will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of the personal information we handle and to otherwise safely manage it.
Director Kaoru Miyazaki
1 Purpose of use
A : The clinic handles personal information for the purposes listed in the following items. Please understand this in advance.
- (1) Provision of medical services to patients
- (2) Medical insurance transactions (including submission of receipts to review and payment institutions, and responses to inquiries from review and payment institutions or insurers)
- (3) Management and operation of facilities pertaining to patients
- (4) Cooperation with Other hospitals, clinics, midwifery centers, doctors, dentists, nurses, and other medical personnel (hereinafter referred to as "medical institutions, etc.")
- (5) Responses to inquiries from other medical institutions, etc.
- (6) When seeking the opinions and advice of other medical institutions, etc.
- (7) Specimens and other tests
- (8) Consultation or notification, etc., to medical professional organizations, insurance companies, etc., concerning medical liability insurance, etc.
- (9) Case studies, other medical research and education
- (10) Various tasks necessary to obtain the consent of the patient, such as making a phone call to the contact address reported by the patient
B: The clinic will not handle personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the above purposes without obtaining the prior consent of the individual.
2 Security management measures
The clinic will take necessary and appropriate organizational, human, physical, and technical measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information and to otherwise safely manage personal information.
3 Disclosure of Personal Information
Disclosure of personal information will only be done for the purpose of protecting the rights and interests of individuals. Personal information will only be disclosed after confirming that it will not interfere with the patient's privacy and medical treatment. As a general rule, the only person who can make a request for disclosure is the patient himself/herself. However, a request for disclosure may be made in any of the following cases.
- ・ The legal representative, if the person has one.
- ・ A voluntary guardian who is granted the right of representation regarding medical contracts.
- ・ Cookies may be used when you are visiting our websites. Technically, these are so-called HTML cookies and similar software tools such as Web/DOM Storage or Local Shared Objects (so-called "Flash cookies"), which we collectively refer to as cookies.
- ・ Cookies are small files that are stored on your desktop, notebook or mobile device while you visit a website. Cookies make it possible, for example, to determine whether there has already been a connection between the device and the websites; take into account your preferred language or other settings, offer you certain functions (e.g. online shop) or recognize your usage-based interests. Cookies may also contain personal data.
- ・ The consent to, and rejection or deletion of, cookies are tied to the device and also to the respective web browser you use. If you use multiple devices or web browsers, you can make decisions or settings differently.
Restrictions on Disclosure
In some cases, we may not be able to disclose all or part of the information if any of the following applies:
- ・When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the individual or a third party.
- ・When there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper execution of our clinic’s business.
- ・If disclosure would violate the law.
In addition to the above, if you have any questions or concerns regarding the handling of personal medical information at the clinic, please contact Hara Medical Clinic at 03-3470-4211.